The Discover® Student Loans Scholarship Award Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR LOAN NECESSARY. A PURCHASE, LOAN, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and the US territories who are at least sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry. Entrants must also be a) a high school senior student, including a student who attends an alternative school or is home schooled; b) a college student; c) a student who has earned a General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; or d) a parent or legal guardian of a student that meets the requirements of a, b or c. Entrants must also be enrolled at least half-time in a Bachelor's or Associate's degree program or graduate program at an eligible school within one (1) year of winner notification/confirmation or the parent/legal guardians of a student that satisfies this eligibility requirement. For a complete list of participating accredited, non-profit colleges and universities, click here. Employees of Discover Products, Inc., Merkle, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of such employees are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Discover Products, Inc. 2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015. Administrator: Merkle, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"), and consists of twelve (12) monthly entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth below.
|Entry Period||Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET)||End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)||Approximate Draw Date/Winner Notification Date|
|1||February 1, 2021||February 28, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|2||March 1, 2021||March 31, 2021||April 1, 2021|
|3||April 1, 2021||April 30, 2021||May 3, 2021|
|4||May 1, 2021||May 31, 2021||June 1, 2021|
|5||June 1, 2021||June 30, 2021||July 1, 2021|
|6||July 1, 2021||July 31, 2021||August 2, 2021|
|7||August 1, 2021||August 31, 2021||September 1, 2021|
|8||September 1, 2021||September 30, 2021||October 1, 2021|
|9||October 1, 2021||October 31, 2021||November 1, 2021|
|10||November 1, 2021||November 30, 2021||December 1, 2021|
|11||December 1, 2021||December 31, 2021||January 3, 2022|
|12||January 1, 2022||January 31, 2022||February 1, 2022|
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit https://scholarship.collegecovered.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, you will be opted in to receive email-marketing messages; however, if you have previously opted-out of receiving email marketing messages from Sponsor, you will not be added back to the email list. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
Bonus Sweepstakes Entry Opportunity – Survey: After you enter the Sweepstakes, you will be invited to participate in the survey. By doing so, you will earn one (1) bonus Sweepstakes entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing(s). Limit: one (1) bonus Sweepstakes entry based on completing the survey during the Promotion Period.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around the dates listed above in Rule 3. Non-winning entries will carryover into subsequent Entry Period drawings. The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release ("Declaration") (except for residents in Tennessee where a Publicity Release is not required) which must be received by Administrator, within ten (10) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration within the required time period, fails to provide any other requested information within the required time period, fails to or is unable to select a participating college or university, does not intend to attend a participating college/university within one (1) year of winner notification/confirmation, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled within approximately 60 days after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes:TWELVE (12) GRAND PRIZES (One (1) awarded per Entry Period): A $5,000 check made payable to the qualified institution reflected on the winner's Declaration. A winner forfeits the prize if he/she (or his/her daughter or son, or ward, in the case of a legal guardianship) does not attend a participating college/university within one (1) year of notification/winner confirmation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, during the Promotion Period. Limit: one (1) prize per household. Total ARV of all prizes: $60,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except in Tennessee and anywhere else where it is not required, by signing and returning a Publicity Release form to the Administrator, each winner provides consent to Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, statements and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/winners.html/?affiliate_id=default. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2021 Merkle, Inc. All rights reserved.